This blog belongs to Patricia Atkinson and was created as part of the Education Media Design and Technology program at Full Sail University.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE2_Photoshop


Screenshots from Lynda.com
Not finding sufficient information from my Google searches, I decided to step it up a notch and try some Photoshop tutorials at Lynda.com. I did a search for the software and realized that there are hours and hours of demonstration tutorials about Photoshop, but they are all focused around specific tools or options (the software is so complex!) not around a certain project that could be done, like the portrait manipulation. These tutorials were things like, "Using Layers", or "Lasso Tool". I tried to pick out the most pertinent ones that would benefit teaching Photoshop with high school art students. In total, I watched about 10 3-5 minute videos about different skills. I picked up a lot of tricks and more familiarity with getting around the interface, but still not an overarching goal or theme to plug all the information into so that I can retain it all efficiently!

No comments:

Post a Comment