This blog belongs to Patricia Atkinson and was created as part of the Education Media Design and Technology program at Full Sail University.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 3 Publishing/Leadership project part 1 of 2: Paper or Presentation?




I have been going back and forth on this question of presentation or paper for publication. I started out wanting to do a paper, because I think it would be excellent to have a published item out there and on my resume. When I was doing my initial research, I didn’t see much precedent in my topic area. So, it seems that a paper would be a beneficial addition to the available material on the subjects of Art, technology, Art Education, engagement levels in Art classrooms, etc.

Then, I started thinking about how visually interesting my Action Research is, with student work, including the Glogster portfolios. Personally, I would rather watch a presentation, with a lot of cool pictures and video to really illustrate the key points. BUT, I also know there aren’t many professional forums for this kind of format. Although I may end up making a presentation as well, a paper just seems much more versatile and presents many more opportunities for sharing and networking. So far, that is the status of my decision: paper!


Image can be found at http://mrg.bz/5cR0wC, MorgueFile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment